Skip to main content
Reference librarians are available to help Champlain students and faculty with their research!
Check the Library's Research Assistance hours (above) and come by the Library Service Desk located on the main floor of the LLC.
During Research Assistance hours, you can also chat with us using the LibChat box on this page or on our Library Home Page!
Telephone: (819) 822-9600 ext. 2608
Text: (819) 201-0345
Resources at Bishop's
Resources at Bishop's University Library that are available to Champlain students and faculty
Click on the following categories for more information
- Champlain users have access to all of the print books available in the Bishop's Library Learning Commons (LLC).
- Champlain users have access to eBooks through the E-Library at Champlain Saint-Lambert's George Wallace Library.
- Champlain professors can place materials on Reserve for their class.
- Students can use the Classic Catalogue to find items on Reserve.
- Items on Reserve need to be asked for at the Library Services Desk
Print journals, newspapers & magazines
- Champlain users have access to all of print periodicals available in the Library Learning Commons (LLC).
- The majority of our print periodicals can be found on the second floor of the LLC.
- Current newspapers can be found on the main floor across from the Library Services Desk.
Online journals, newspapers & magazines
- The Library Learning Commons (LLC) has 9 small study rooms and 6 large study rooms that are available for group study and work.
- Small study rooms can accommodate up to 5-6 people.
- Large study rooms can accommodate up to 8-10 people.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day, per group.
- Time slots may be reserved 4 weeks in advance.
- For any exceptions or special requests, please speak with someone at the Library Services Desk.
- Anyone found to be abusing the system or using it unfairly may have their bookings cancelled, and repeat offenders may be banned from using the booking system.
- There are 30 computers around the building that Champlain users can use.
- There are multiple ways a Champlain student or faculty member can print in the LLC.
- Interlibrary loans is a free service available to all Champlain students and faculty.
- Interlibrary loans allows you to borrow materials from other libraries in Canada.
- Champlain students and faculty are welcome to meet with a librarian to get help with questions about research, finding materials and citing resources.
- Today's Research Assistance hours can be found on the left-hand side of this page.
- Contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 819-822-9600 ext. 2608
- Text: 819-201-0354
- Or visit us at the Research Help Desk!
- The Research Assistance desk is located at the Library Services Desk on the main floor of the Library Learning Commons (LLC). For directions to the Research Help Desk, click the map below.